The journey in creating and finding the beauty in Life

The journey in creating and finding the beauty in Life

Very Tiny Foyer

Monday, February 6, 2012

Hello February--okay, I know but January was sooooo long. 

After 2 years of moving in this house, I finally found a bookcase that would fit our tiny wall space in the foyer!  I admit I'm pretty picky--it had to be open and have some interest and also by luck it matched the iron mirror that has hung lonely for a friend.

Set up in time for the week of New Year's, I placed a small tree wrapped in burlap which I left up for the little bit of winter we have here in SC.  Last year, Karla from Karla's Cottage had a challenge to use the 'good' stuff.  You know--the bits and baubles you collect that are your absolute loves. 

The little collage just came together, I titled it Family, it's using a 1800's envelope with the most gorgeous script writing.  I adore the penmanship they had with the swirling letters.  Sigh...just makes me happy.  Vintage posey flowers just waiting to be used and a vintage inspired girls which I embellished with my Copics.  The brass finding I purchase years ago (I mean years! 5-6yrs!) to go with my jewelry business finally find a project.  I found at Homegoods this gorgeous ornate frame that just sets off the collage.  I gave up green (you know that sage color) when I moved, trying to move forward from that early 2000's look, but the frame just was to beautiful to give up for this collage.


Now to fill out the rest of the bookshelves! I really need someone to just go for me and buy the goodies, as it may be 2 more years before its done! 

Sharing my 2 latest jewelry creations--combining the textile love with designing jewelry.  The cuffs are made from an aluminum base, fully covered so it won't cause any allergies.  Utilizing more of the good stuff with vintage bits and pieces combined with a bit of sewing.  I hope to be adding to my shop soon, let me know if you are interested.  Pricing will be $25 US plus ship.






0 Sweet Thoughts:

Post a Comment

Kristen Klump Pare All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger