The journey in creating and finding the beauty in Life

The journey in creating and finding the beauty in Life

Secret Garden Swap

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sharing what I sent Julie Ann for the swap.

A handmade birdie piece:



I repurposed the frame to a pretty white which came from Hobby Lobby; stained the birdies to a sweet beige w shimmer; tulle, vintage beads & sparkle; sweet frame from Melissa Frances w/ rhinestone added; some jewelry doodads (which I have extensive amount of since I stopped making jewelry). I just love how this came out.

The swap called for a basket. This one came from a antique 'junk' store--I repurposed it with paint; and lots of crepe paper flowers; and a vintage style bird which had some color to it; I also added a cameo with crepe trim. Vintage hankie that the birdie is sitting on. The inside I utilized some vintage fabric --such a sweet print.




These are the goodies included in her basket:




The paper doll is a new item from my studio. I use vintage and new vintage style trims; vintage jewelry parts; flowers; vintage beads, and a dress style that I created.

Both the birdie bag and the cello bag had inspiration goodies for her to work with. I added some girly flowers with vintage buttons to an embroidered sachet that is so sweet!

A sweet vintage wallpaper pocket with a vintage flower and handmade tag.

Lastly, a sweet paper mache egg that I painted my new favorite-white; vintage chenille bedspread piece utilized as trim and lots of pretty summery type colors. I think this would make an adorable favor for a wedding, shower, or baby shower. I put candy in Julie Ann's. This is a favorite piece.


We are finally getting some much needed rain here in South Carolina so enjoying some mandatory inside time. I've got a stack of magazine's calling my name! Have a great weekend.

xo Kris

0 Sweet Thoughts:

Post a Comment

Kristen Klump Pare All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger