The journey in creating and finding the beauty in Life

The journey in creating and finding the beauty in Life

Holiday Home 2013

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Welcome!  Just opening this post that this will be my last Christmas in this house.  Little one and I are scheduled to move at the end of January so we move forward with positivity and lots of hope (and a lot more decorating and home projects).  So that brings me to that we decorated very very simply this year.  Lots of greenery, neutrals and a vintage Christmas with reds vibe.  There are more vignettes or spots in the downstairs as the upstairs looks like a disaster zone with boxes, purging, and deciding what to actual take as little one and I take this new step in life. 
Please visit Jennifer Rizzo for lots of beautiful tours.

PS: contract has been made on a small house and its closer to work!  Will share soon. SOooo excited.  I finally getting my white kitchen (of course, there is projects though :)
 
Come on in and have some coffee or cocoa.  I went through my Dad's woods and filled in a standard 18 inch wreath (its so fluffy and huge-LOVE!).  A local store, Roots of Greenville, has wonderful ribbons and decorating 'doodads' as I call them.  I went non traditional this year and LOVE this. 

Sad to say goodbye to this porch and window boxes decorated with simply greenery and mucho bunches of holly berries from my Mom's holly bush.  Please excuse the browning boxwood bushes. 

If you stopped by Holiday Home 2012, you saw my handmade farmhouse frame just inside the door.  This year its dressed up more vintage winter to get us through the move.
Entryway:  I handmade the pallet sign in a local class.  Lots of fun and will replicate that technique for other projects in the early spring.  Love the non traditional blue color and that is my little one's pine cone tree with pom pom ornaments :)

Dining room is very simple with greenery and baskets on hand.  This is also where our main tree is (in the front windows).  We use all handmade ornaments and my Grandma's vintage one's.


This is an open floor plan in the back of the house with the living room and kitchen and eat in flowing together.
We did a tiny hot chocolate area and took the easy route, dark hot chocolate pods for the Keurig.
 My vintage style Santa with greens in the eat in area.

This is my most favorite find for this year! Love this board.  So easy to change the colors to use for year round.
 
 Corner of the eat in kitchen area --love these birds.  I found them when I was digging through all my Christmas items to get ready to be packed or purged for the move!
I decided I wanted a real wreath inside this year and this one leads to the back screened in porch.  I found this Dear Santa ribbon at a local shop and added some of my favorite 'doodads' and those are glass owls-tiny ones hanging from the ribbon.
 My Silent Night Holy Night sign I made last year.  Lots of fresh greenery and a bit of sparkle from the tree and reindeer I have had forever.  Okay, now I realize I have a thing for big bows.  Well, we all have something, right?

Happy Holidays and a very Merry Christmas.  May you be blessed in the New Year.  For the first time in a long time, a tiny bit of hope has sprung and in time, we will be okay.  Time heals as all my family and friends have told me for the past 10 months.  We are enjoying a simple but fun filled season.  And these 2 gals are hoping for a bit of snow here in South Carolina!

Warm wishes,
Kris

Sharing with :
Jennifer Rizzo
Common Ground
By Stephanie Lynn Under the Table and Dreaming
Shabby Art Boutique
Inspiration Exchange- City Farmhouse

Lots of Christmas and Holiday in the Etsy Shop.

6 Sweet Thoughts:

  1. Thanks for sharing the tour. Your mantel is especially pretty with the Holy night and pretty greenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your vintage Christmas theme! It's very lovely. Good luck on your move. We will be moving in January, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tour...I love your holiday signs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! Love the rustic/vintage touches!

    ReplyDelete

Kristen Klump Pare All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger