The journey in creating and finding the beauty in Life

The journey in creating and finding the beauty in Life

Wonderful long weekend

Monday, November 14, 2011

What a wonderful long weekend, using up the collected vacation and a generous holiday on Friday.  I managed to finish painting the last of the projects for the house.  The laundry room is freshly painted Krypton from Sherwin Williams.  I LOVE this blue/grey color, made the very large deep moulding POP in the room, the white cabinetry and sink with a greyish countertop just look finished.  I know but the original owner was very generous with the lots of moulding throughout the downstairs, beautifully deep.  Added some french inspired wall hangings on the wall you see from the hall, and I don't think I will faint each time going in that room, it was the most horrible yellow orange color before.  Shudder...

The other is that I went to a local antique dealer (in this old industrial building with about 20 vendors) and found some lovelies but the jackpot was in this old strip retail center where a new antique dealer opened up, she had about 15 vendors. 
The adorable crochet basket I found in this grungy doo-dad basket and it was in perfect condition.  Not sure of its origin and no pin.  It's about 2.5 inches tall.  The one hat with the tulle and sweet posey's were an estate liquidation she had set up in the stall.  The other 2 hats I found at the 'new' antique dealer and the dealer had a wonderful area, all full of women's and children's fashions.  I haven't found something like that in Greenville before.  The hats are pristine, I almost hate taking them apart. I found lots of jewelry bits, some vintage doilies with the right amount of tint, and the some vintage papers. 





It was a good day.  Off to work we go, ha ho, ha ho.  See ya soon,

1 Sweet Thoughts:

  1. What gorgeous pieces! It's so exciting finding little treasures :)

    ReplyDelete

Kristen Klump Pare All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger