The journey in creating and finding the beauty in Life

The journey in creating and finding the beauty in Life

Let Them Eat Cake!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

It's nice to have a few vacation days after a couple of LONG months (work wise--no headaches till Tues--well hopefully!). Today was errands in the morning, gardening after lunch (Mommy anyways) sweating in the 90 degree heat and now this is happening:




Can you see that I'm excited!! Time to myself for an hour :)

So this happened:



A sweet altered art CAKE :) I made some of those flowers that are popular--using vintage pearls and a broken earring, vintage paper flowers, vintage lace, some paper from the scrapbook industry, and that luscious silk ribbon. This would be sweet for a table at a shower. I tend to go more romantic and stray towards wedding, baby, and french inspired art. The funny thing is our house has only bits and pieces of this --we tend to be simple with lots of light colors, vintage linens, antique furniture here and there (thanks family!); thrown in with new traditional sofa and chair. Not sure where my love came from must be all those historical romance novels I admitted reading when I was younger (see Crown post). I grew up a jeans, sneakers, and sweatshirt girl and still that way (till I put that suit on for work). I pop it with vintage pins, jewelry, and funky socks :) Oh, it's nice to know others are in the same pickle with style Elyse has some gorgeous photos but I LOVE them all--my issue is that I tend to get it half done and get into something else!

Anyways, I PROMISE to get pictures of my awesome swap partners for Heather's Paris Petite Inspiration box. Till then, Kris

1 Sweet Thoughts:

  1. Love your "cake" Kris!
    I have always loved the sight of a napping child too. :)
    I get you about the jeans and sweatshirts...I've always been a jeans and tshirt kind of gal too, I guess that's why my creations are always so frilly.
    I hope you're not melting in this heat wave!
    Cerri xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Kristen Klump Pare All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger