The journey in creating and finding the beauty in Life

The journey in creating and finding the beauty in Life

Just a peek

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I didn't open up to blog land about my Dad (he is 66) due to the extreme mental exhaustion I was in from his sickness and my own.
He is recovering (thank goodness) but underwent open heart surgery in February for a triple bypass and they also did something else to his heart. He had a massive heart attack some time in October but never knew. The Dr was pretty blunt and stated he was being watched over by the Lord as he was lucky to be walking. I am very blessed that everything went okay. I found out a few weeks before Christmas but they had to put him on medicine for over a month to see if his heart could even take surgery.
So the story goes on : This past month my parent's have been 'downsizing' or 'upsizing' and 'redoing'. LOL! Take your pick but I am the lucky recipent of their now antique goods (or in DH's groan-I've got to MOVE WHAT!). For the past week, I've been hinting about the couch he needs to move to the house and put in little D's playroom/TV room. I AM NOT giving up a perfect 1960's couch that absolutely no sat in the past 40 years since it was in our family's formal living room. It was recovered in a cream fabric with some type of flower in the early 80's. That fabric is isn't even squashed! It's classic line and LONG. They don't make them like this anymore. I've also got my Grandma's table side table--it's an interesting piece got to be from the 40's.

But! I was able to bring home my Dad's baby shoes from the 40's, his original spoon, and baby ring. They now reside on a very top shelf in my craft room (so little helper won't be playing with them!). The booties still have the original ribbon in them and are in perfect condition. The ceramic isn't even scratched. I LOVE the patina the spoon has now.






I'm so greatful its the Mid week hump. Work is wearing me out!

I so appreciate the friends I have made here. Thank you!

Take Care, Kris

2 Sweet Thoughts:

  1. I am SO happy to hear that your Father is doing well! Take care of yourself too. What sweet things he has passed on to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what beautiful momentos of your father's childhood. how very sweet and how very special that you are now the proud "keeper of the memories." Pricelss!

    ReplyDelete

Kristen Klump Pare All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger